Thursday, October 8, 2009

Books and Reading Meme




1. What are you currently reading?

Life's Little Instruction Book.

2. What are you reading next?
Have A Little Faith by Mitch Albom.

3. Fiction, Non-fiction?
I love to read both fiction and non-fiction books.

4. Hard copy or audio books?
I prefer hard copy than audio books.

5. Keep, throw away, or sell?

Keep as much as I can, but sometimes my friends borrowed them and never return it so I'll end up giving it to them.

6. Buy or borrow?
Buy. I don't have lots of friends where I can borrow books. I don't also visit library now a days.

7. Short story or novel?
Either. Though most of what I'm reading lately are novels. But I love short stories too specially in self-help books.

8. Series books or stand alone books?
No preference. I like both!

9. New or used?
New of course unless there's no way I can have a new copy. And if it is already used at least it looks like new.

10. Do you snack while you read?
Sometimes. I am just more cautious not to ruin my book.

11. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I used to write on my textbooks when I'm still studying. But for my books now, It will horrify me for sure.

12. Do you ever smell books?
Of course! As if I can refrain smelling it when I'm browsing the pages. The smell of new books is nice.

13. Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
Any peace & quite place is the best. But since I don't usually got that place, anywhere & anytime as long as I like to read.

14. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
Bookmark or any object in hand I can used as bookmarks like cards or receipts. I lay the book flat open only if I'll get back to it in few minutes.

15. How do you organize your books?
In height, genre and authors.

16. Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
I can pick it up and put it down at any point.

17. Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?

I usually read more than one in different genre. Like one fiction, self-help and some technical books. Depends on what I feel reading at the moment.

18. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
No. Just read in context.

19. Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
None. I don't usually recommend books unless I know more about the person or If they specifically asked me.

20. Last book you finished reading?
The One Minute Manager by Kenneth Blanchard & Spencer Johnson.

21. Last book you bought?
The Lucky One By Nicholas Sparks which I bought few days ago for someone as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment