Wednesday, September 12, 2012

MIBF vs SFD


September is one of the busiest month in my calendar. There are lots of events happening during this month. There are birthdays, gatherings and other important activities. Two huge event of the month are the Manila International Book Fair (MIBF) and Software Freedom Day (SFD), both I'm eager to attend. Unfortunately these two events always fall on the same date, the third week of September. Though MIBF is longer than the one day event of SFD, it is still hard for me to attend on both. Usually SFD is held out of town which requires more than a day of my schedule, while my weekdays is allotted for work. Due to this conflict in schedules I haven't tried attending the MIBF ever! 

As much as I want to visit the book fair, to take part of the event, meet my fellow book bloggers and readers, and take advantage of huge book sales, discounts and freebies I still can't force myself missing the SFD celebration. SFD is still my priority. It is like a pledge on my part to make sure to be part of the world wide celebration of open source technology. It is a pride for me to contribute something in sharing the beauty of Free and Open Source Softwares (FOSS) to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment